Instructional Technology Support
Through consultation, workshops, and information sessions, and by managing pilots of new instructional technologies on campus, Instructional Support staff assist faculty in accomplishing a meaningful integration of technology into their teaching practice.
- Guidance in instructional design for effectively teaching with technology
- Assistance with creating online and blended learning activities
- Advice on making Blackboard courses accessible
- Developing online testing formats
- Using technology tools for learning
- Working with instructional audio, video, images
- New Faculty Orientation
- Blackboard help and support
- Workshops and seminars for faculty
Online Learning and Technology provides instructional design and educational technology consulting to assist faculty in effectively teaching with technology.
Individual faculty, departments, and small groups can schedule consultations and/or custom workshops with Instructional Support staff. Consider scheduling a 1:1 consultation, if you are interested in:
- Receiving individualized assistance with teaching and learning technologies.
- Applying technologies to meet your course learning objectives.
- Working with your own content during a working session.
- Targeting a training session to match your specific needs.
Group consultations and workshop sessions can be requested for 2 – 10 participants on a specific topic. Group sessions can be structured as an information session, a guided workshop, or a combination of both.
Suggested workshop topics include:
- Blackboard – Getting Started
- Blackboard – Assessments and Grade Center
- Blackboard – Organizing Your Course Content
- Getting Started with MediaLecture