Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The CNA program is tentatively scheduled to resume Fall 2020. The course will be a hybrid of online virtual classes with in-person skills and clinical training. Please periodically check the website for information updates.
The CNA course is for people who want to be employed as a licensed nursing assistant in Rhode Island. This Rhode Island Department of Health-approved course trains students to provide personal healthcare assistance in home or healthcare settings.
Lifespan FREE Certified Nursing Assistant Program PDF Flyer
Lifespan Workforce S.T.A.T. Program is offering a FREE 8-week C.N.A. course and a 6-week unpaid internship at Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital or Newport Hospital starting April 20, 2020. For more information please send email to: [email protected]
Other CNA courses run approximately every three months. To enroll please complete the registration steps below.
|CNA Pretest||Coming Soon||TBD|
CNA Day Class
Hybrid, Online & In-person
CNA Evening Class
Hybrid, Online & In-person
Path to become a certified CNA
- Register for the CNA pretest and bring one form of identification. There is a $25 fee to register for the test.
- You can take the pretest twice. If you do not pass the test on the second try.
- After passing the CNA pretest you will be given a required CNA course registration
material to be completed, including:
- A CCRI CNA course application
- Immunization form that must be completed by your health care provider
- Information on obtaining a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) from the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office
- Once all course registration material is received, and you are accepted into the program, you will be contacted to join a class.
- CPR certification at the Healthcare Provider Level must be completed before the clinical portion of the program with the American Heart Association.
- Upon successful completion of the CNA course, we will schedule you to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP®) test.
- Successful completion of the CCRI CNA training program entitles you to 12 points towards the Practical Nursing Program.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.