The Governance structure of the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) is based on a shared governance model. As practiced at CCRI, shared governance is a set of processes and procedures through which college faculty, staff, and administrators collaborate in making recommendations about issues of college-wide importance in the following areas: Academic, Business, Facilities, Institutional Planning, Student Affairs, and Technology.
2019-2020 Committee Meeting Schedule
|Committee||Meeting Dates||Meeting Time||Committee Chair|
|General Education Committee||1st Friday of the Month||1:00 - 2:30 PM||Leslie Killgore|
|Academic Quality Assessment Committee||2nd Friday of the Month||11:00 AM - 12:30 PM||Jeanne McColl|
|Governance Coordinating Committee||2nd Friday of the Month||12:30 - 2:00 PM||Leslie Killgore|
|Health and Safety Committee||2nd Friday of the Month||Joseph Arsenault|
|Department Chairs Committee||2nd Tuesday of the Month||12:30 - 2:00 PM||Kim Rouillier|
|Academic Computing Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||11:00 AM - 12:30 PM||Dan O'Neill|
|Distance Learning Advisory Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||12:30 - 2:00 PM||Beth Anish|
|Student Advisory Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||1:00 - 2:30 PM||Eileen James|
|Institutional Accessibility Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||2:00 - 3:30 PM||Tracy Karasinski|
|Educational Spaces Committee||4th Friday of the Month||11:00 AM - 12:30 PM||John Vota|
|Academic Advisory Committee||4th Friday of the Month||2:00 - 3:30 PM||Ray Kilduff|
|Strategic Budget and Planning Committee||Kristen Albritton|
|Administrative Technology Committee|
|Calendar Committee||Cathy Tessier|
|Strategic Planning Committee||Alix Ogden|
- View the results of the December 2019 Governance amendment process. The Governance Manual has been updated to reflect the amendments.
- View the proposed amendments to CCRI's Governance process submitted as part of our fall 2019 amendment cycle.
- View the results of the May 2019 Governance amendment process. The Governance Manual will be updated to reflect the amendments.
- View the results of the Spring elections. Rosters for all committees will be updated within the first week of April.
Function of the Governance Structure:
- Action items are submitted to the appropriate committee for review.
- The committee meets and votes on proposed action items.
- Approved items are forwarded as recommendations to the appropriate Senior Officer for review (see below).
- The Senior Officer forwards recommendations to the President's Council for review.
- The President will review the submitted items and make a final decision on implementation.
- All approved items will be posted on the Governance Website.
Governance Organizational Structure