The Governance structure of the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) is based on a shared governance model. As practiced at CCRI, shared governance is a set of processes and procedures through which college faculty, staff, and administrators collaborate in making recommendations about issues of college-wide importance in the following areas: Academic, Business, Facilities, Institutional Planning, Student Affairs, and Technology.
Faculty Senate Committee Meeting Schedule (for Spring 2021)
- The Faculty Senate, (Sandra Luzzi Sneesby, Chair) meets every other Friday from 9:00a-10:30a
|Meeting Schedule||Meeting Time||Committee Chair|
|1st Friday of the Month||12:30p-2:00p||Leslie Killgore|
|Academic Quality Assessment Committee||2nd Friday of the Month||11:00a-12:30p||Suzanne Carr|
|Department Chairs Committee||2nd Tuesday of the Month||12:30p- 2:00p||Mazin Adam|
|Academic Computing Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||11:00a-12:30p||Dan O'Neill|
|Distance Learning Advisory Committee||3rd Friday of the Month||12:30p-2:00p||Sandra Luzzi Sneesby|
|Academic Advisory Committee||4th Friday of the Month||2:00p-3:30p||Ray Kilduff|
|Calendar Committee||Cathy Tessier|
|Service, Community Life, and Experiential Learning|
2020-2021 Committee Meeting Schedule
Other Governance Committees
Meeting Schedule Meeting Time Committee Chair Health and Safety Committee 1st Friday of the Month 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Joseph Arsenault Governance Coordinating Committee 2nd Friday of the Month 12:30 - 2:00 PM Leslie Killgore Student Advisory Committee 3rd Friday of the Month 1:00 - 2:30 PM Eileen James Institutional Accessibility Committee 3rd Friday of the Month 2:00 - 3:30 PM Tracy Karasinski Educational Spaces Committee 4th Friday of the Month 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM John Vota Strategic Budget and Planning Committee Kristen Albritton Administrative Technology Committee Kevin Novell Strategic Planning Committee Alix Ogden
View the current version of the Governance Manual approved 12/31/2020.
Function of the Governance Structure:
- Action items are submitted to the appropriate committee for review.
- The committee meets and votes on proposed action items.
- Approved items are forwarded as recommendations to the appropriate Senior Officer for review (see below).
- The Senior Officer forwards recommendations to the President's Council for review.
- The President will review the submitted items and make a final decision on implementation.
- All approved items will be posted on the Governance Website.
Governance Organizational Structure