The CCRI Writing Center’s free services include appointments and sometimes walk-in help for such tasks as prewriting, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing different kinds of papers for any CCRI course
Do you need help?
Because of the Coronavirus, the three CCRI writing centers will be temporarily closed, but online resources and online tutoring will both be available while the writing centers are closed.
Online tutoring can be done Monday through Friday, 8-4, possibly with a waiting period of 3 or 4 business days. For online tutoring assistance, please send a CCRI email to the writing center located on the same campus as the course you need help with. Here are the writing center emails:
- For courses on the Knight Campus: email@example.com
- For courses on the Liston Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For courses on the Flanagan Campus: email@example.com
- For courses on the Newport Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technology reasons, writing center staff members will usually only respond to emails sent through MyCCRI and may not respond to other emails. In your CCRI email to one of the CCRI writing centers, please include this information in the body of the email (not as an attachment):
- your name
- your CCRI ID #
- your CCRI course name, section #, and campus (Here's an example: English 1010.103 Knight Campus.)
- your question and/or information about your assignment
If you need help with revision/editing of an essay or other paper, you need to also include the essay/paper in the body of your email, rather than as an attachment.