Joint Admissions Agreement is an opportunity for CCRI students who intend to complete an associate degree at CCRI and then transfer to Rhode Island College (RIC) or the University of Rhode Island (URI) to be conditionally accepted while a student at CCRI.
By participating in JAA, students receive the following benefits:
- 60 credits that transfer and apply to the bachelor’s degree major
- advising by CCRI and RIC or URI advisors every semester
- eligibility for the JAA discount on RIC or URI tuition by graduating from CCRI with a 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher
- transition into specific majors with JAA plans
Interested in Enrolling?
1. Meet with a CCRI advisor.
Schedule an appointment or attend a Walk-in Advising hour to complete the JAA application with a CCRI advisor.
Already in JAA?
Attend one of the JAA Days.
JAA Days are an opportunity for JAA students to meet with CCRI/URI/RIC advisors. JAA Days take place during the fall and spring semesters on all CCRI campuses.
*Please note: Graduating students do not need to attend JAA Days. Please contact the JAA office for instructions.
Bring the following:
- Your Education Plan for the upcoming semester from Advising and Counseling
- A recent DegreeWorks degree evaluation (How to obtain one)
- Your unofficial transcript (How to obtain one)
You may access these documents from the For Students tab on your MyCCRI account. If you need assistance, please go to the Advising and Counseling Center or Office of Enrollment Services.
|Newport Campus||Tuesday||TBA||9:30AM - 1PM*||Atrium|
|Providence Campus||Thursday||TBA||10AM - 2PM*||Side Atrium|
|Lincoln Campus||Monday||TBA||9AM - 3PM*||Rear of Cafeteria|
|Warwick Campus||Wednesday||TBA||9AM - 3PM*||Room 1040|
|Warwick Campus||Thursday||TBA||11AM - 5PM*||Room 1040|
For Graduating JAA students
Students graduating Spring 2020, please follow these steps:
1. Meet with a CCRI Advisor by scheduling an appointment or attending Walk-in Advising hours to complete your Intent to Enroll Form as soon as possible by calling 401-825-1240. Please note: if you are graduating in the spring 2020 semester, you DO NOT attend JAA Days in the spring.
2. Schedule an appointment to meet with your RIC or URI Advisor (see below).
Due to having no access to the college at this time we are asking all graduating students who have not completed the Intent to Enroll to please complete it online. This will take the place of meeting face to face with advisors. *Please only complete this form if you are graduating in the spring 2020 or summer 2020 semesters.
3. Apply for graduation through your MyCCRI account using the “For Graduation” Tab. This must be done to officially graduate from CCRI.
If you have any questions, or would like to withdraw from JAA, please call (401) 825-1233 or email us!
Transfer Student Resources
Rhode Island Transfers
Check to see how CCRI courses and programs transfer to RIC and to URI.Learn More
Inter-Institutional Student Exchange
CCRI, RIC or URI students can take up to seven credits of their full-time load at one of the state supported colleges (CCRI, RIC or URI) at no additional tuition above their full-time CCRI tuition.Learn More
Important Contact Information
Community College of Rhode Island
Rhode Island College
- OASIS (Office of Academic Support and Information Services)