For the second time in the program’s history, our Cybersecurity program (A.S. in Cybersecurity) has earned designation as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) through academic year 2028 by the National Security Agency (NSA).
CAE-CD designation reflects the college’s ability to meet the increasing demands of contributing to the protection of the National Information Infrastructure and addressing the critical shortage of professionals with cybersecurity skills by promoting higher education and research in addition to providing the workforce with a pipeline of qualified cybersecurity professionals.
The college earned both designations in 2018. All institutions or programs must apply for reevaluation every five academic years to maintain designation. According to the NSA, “a highly-skilled cybersecurity workforce is a strategic national security advantage.”
Congratulations to Michael Kelly, Director of Cybersecurity, who has been appointed to CAE-CD contact person CAE Community of Practice (CoP) for Cyber Defense (CD) committees: CoP-CD Steering Committee Member at Large and CAE-CD Community Outreach Competition 2022 Award Committee.
The Community College of Rhode Island is a member of the CAE Northeast Regional Hub.
- Family Guide to Online Safety and Security at Home
- Coolest Careers in Cybersecurity 2023
- USDA Cybersecurity Virtual Expo - October 3-4, 2023
- Free ISC2 Training
- Register for National Cyber League
- National Cybersecurity Student Association Chapter Certificate
- Free CyberStart America Program for Students
- Women In Cybersecurity Membership Information
- National Cybersecurity Student Association Membership Information (Ongoing)
- The Community College of Rhode Island is now officially listed as an NSA/DHS CAECDE
NSA/DHS CAE NATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN CYBER DEFENSE DESIGNATED INSTITUTIONS
Cybersecurity - Associate in Science Degree (NSA Validated Program of Study)
You are required to finish your degree at CCRI to be eligible for these: