World Language Concentration
Students who enroll in the Liberal Arts Program may select an area of study in which to concentrate. The World Language Concentration prepares students for advanced study at the baccalaureate level and provides an excellent foundation in the foreign language.
Upon successful completion of the Liberal Arts Program with a Concentration in World Languages, students are expected to:
- Understand the target language in spoken and written form based on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Performance Descriptors
for Language Learners.
- Speak and write the target language according to the Curriculum Map based on ACTFL Performance Descriptors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of global, cultural, and historical perspectives
- Identify, analyze, and understand complex ideas, and draw inferences from facts.
- Use teamwork to accomplish tasks in groups.