The mission of the Department of Art, Art History and Design Department is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts whereby students learn the concepts, skills, and vocabulary to enable them to create and understand art as a means of visual expression and communication.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers an Associate of Fine Art Degree (A.F.A.) and a Certificate in Graphic Design.
Our curriculum emphasizes the appreciation, understanding and practice of art and
• the principles and language of art and design
• the overall creative process
• the roles and responsibilities of the artist and designer throughout history within a multi-cultural community and within a global context
• appropriate traditional skills and advances in technology in art studio, and history courses.
Peabody Essex Museum seeks Tiktok content creator!
Call for Summer Applicants Now Open. The Peabody Essex Museum (PEM) announces the launch of a TikTok Creator-in-Residence program – the first of its kind for any U.S. art museum. Now accepting applications for the summer of 2023, the program seeks to collaborate with current or recent graduates of New England area art schools to increase engagement with PEM’s TikTok channel by producing creative videos that explore the museum's art and collections, events, and stories. Additional information about this paid part-time position and instructions on how to apply may be found at pem.org.
Work Study jobs in the Art Dept
Art Gallery and Computer Lab Monitor work study positions are often available at Warwick and Lincoln Campuses. Contact Meaghan Plouffe ([email protected]) for details.
Professor Silva Authors Chapter
Assistant Professor of Art, Joseph Silva wrote the chapter "To the Victor Go the Spoils: Christian Triumphalism and the Order of Santo Stefano in Pisa," published in...
Student Art Exhibition: Work from the studio art classes at the Knight + Liston campuses
- Exhibition Dates: May 8th to 12th, Reception: 4-7 pm, Thursday May 11th
- The Knight Campus Art Gallery is located at 400 East Ave. Warwick, RI 02886 Room 3500, on the third floor of the round building (Enter the library on the forth floor and go down the stairs to right.)
Student Art Exhibition: Featured work from the studio art class at the Flanagan campus
- Exhibition Dates: May 8th to 12th, Reception 4-7 pm, Wednesday May 10th
- The Flanagan Campus Art Gallery is located at 1762 Louisquisset Pike Lincoln, RI 02865 Room 1527, on the first floor.