The mission of the Department of Art, Art History and Design Department is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts whereby students learn the concepts, skills, and vocabulary to enable them to create and understand art as a means of visual expression and communication.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers an Associate of Fine Art Degree (A.F.A.) and a Certificate in Graphic Design.
Our curriculum emphasizes the appreciation, understanding and practice of art and
• the principles and language of art and design
• the overall creative process
• the roles and responsibilities of the artist and designer throughout history within a multi-cultural community and within a global context
• appropriate traditional skills and advances in technology in art studio, and history courses.
CCRI professor of art history, Natalie Coletta, released her sabbatical project, www.ArtxHistory.org in January of 2021 for the spring start of Art History
Professor Silva Authors Chapter
Assistant Professor of Art, Joseph Silva wrote the chapter "To the Victor Go the Spoils: Christian Triumphalism and the Order of Santo Stefano in Pisa," published in...
Work Study jobs in the Art Galleries
Art Gallery Monitor work study positions are available at Warwick and Lincoln Campuses. Contact Diane McLaughlin ([email protected]) for a job description and to apply.
Student Exhibition Spring 2022
- A showcase of the incredible talent, determination and creativity of our students. All the featured artwork was made this semester by students as coursework in the Art, Art History, and Design Department.
- image credit: Francy Hinds
Knight Campus Gallery Exhibition: Napoles Marty
- Exhibition Dates: October 19 - November 18
- Reception: 4-6 pm on Thursday November 17