Art, Art History & Design
Learn the concepts, skills, and vocabulary to create and understand art as a means of visual expression.Apply Today
The mission of the Department of Art, Art History and Design Department is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts whereby students learn the concepts, skills, and vocabulary to enable them to create and understand art as a means of visual expression and communication.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and offers an Associate of Fine Art Degree (A.F.A.) and a Certificate in Graphic Design.
Our curriculum emphasizes the appreciation, understanding and practice of art and
• the principles and language of art and design
• the overall creative process
• the roles and responsibilities of the artist and designer throughout history within a multi-cultural community and within a global context
• appropriate traditional skills and advances in technology in art studio, and history courses.
Online Gallery of Student Work
CCRI professor of art history, Natalie Coletta, released her sabbatical project, www.ArtxHistory.org in January of 2021 for the spring start of Art History
Professor Silva Authors Chapter
Assistant Professor of Art, Joseph Silva wrote the chapter "To the Victor Go the Spoils: Christian Triumphalism and the Order of Santo Stefano in Pisa," published in...
Work Study jobs in the Art Galleries
Art Gallery Monitor work study positions are available at Warwick and Lincoln Campuses. Contact Diane McLaughlin ([email protected]) for a job description and to apply.
MADE In Hungary IV: A group exhibition of ceramic vessels and sculptures
- Exhibition Dates: February 1st to 28th, Reception: 5-7pm, Wednesday February 15th
- The Knight Campus Art Gallery is located at 400 East Ave. Warwick, RI 02886 Room 3500, on the third floor of the round building (Enter the library on the forth floor and go down the stairs to right.)
UNCOMMON GOALS: A Sabbatical Exhibition by Mark Zellers
- Exhibition Dates: February 6th to March 3rd, Reception 4-6pm, Wednesday February 8th
- The Flanagan Campus Art Gallery is located at 1762 Louisquisset Pike, Lincoln, RI 02865 Room 1527, on the first floor.