Resources for Student Groups/Programs
Being actively involved in activities and student groups/programs outside of the classroom is crucial aspect of the college experience. Extracurricular involvement allows students to become more engaged with their field of study, immersed in a student group/program that stimulates the development of career aspirations, provides them the opportunity to learn more about other cultures, or simply develop an interest that could become a lifetime hobby.
This is where you, the student leader, come in. You may have had a strong desire to be an officer of your student group/program or you may have been thrown into the position and reluctantly accepted because no one else would step up. No worries! Student Life has created resources for you to guarantee that you will be able to run an effective and sustainable student group or program.
For Student Group/Program Advisers
Thank you for serving as an adviser to a recognized student group/program! Your commitment and dedication to student success is a contributing factor to the growth and sustainability of our community. Student groups/programs continue to be one of the focal points of our student life and provide excellent co-curricular opportunities for our students. Advising a student group/program is a rewarding experience that offers wonderful insight into our CCRI student population.
To assist you in your advising role, we have created a few items to provide you with resources and pertinent information for student group/program's success.
- Our staff are trained and willing to guide and assist you and your student group/program
Use us as a resource to help you! Click here for a staff list
- Our staff are trained and willing to guide and assist you and your student group/program to succeed.
- Top 10 Tips for CCRI Student Group and Program Advisers!
- We've asked current student group/program advisers and student leaders for tips about
advising a student group/program at CCRI and here is our compiled top 10! Click here for Top 10 tips.
- We've asked current student group/program advisers and student leaders for tips about advising a student group/program at CCRI and here is our compiled top 10! Click here for Top 10 tips.
- Assuming the Role: The Successful Adviser-Student Relationship- Click here for the "Assuming the Role"
- Clery Act and CSA Information - Click here for the Clery Act and CSA Information
- Frequently Asked Questions! - Click here for a List of FAQs