The primary mission of the Department of Business and Professional Studies is to provide degree and certificate candidates the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for transfer and career success.
Business associate degree programs in the Business and Professional Studies Department are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) which attests to our high standards and excellence in teaching. Professional Studies associate degree programs and all certificate programs in the Business and Professional Studies Department have been approved through the curriculum review process at the Community College of Rhode Island and have been affirmed by the Office of Postsecondary Education of the Rhode Island Department of Education.
Along with our degree and certificate programs the Department of Business and Professional Studies offers co-curricular activities that assist students in achieving their academic, personal and career goals.
NEW for Spring 2021
BUSN 1175 - Operations and Supply Chain Management (3 credits) Integrates key functions of inventory control, forecasting, purchasing, scheduling, and more which exist in all businesses and are critical to business success.
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Financial Services (FNBK)
- General Business (GBUS)
- Management (MNGT)
- Marketing* (MARK)
- Basic Accounting Skills (BASC)
- Accounting (ACTC)
- Entrepreneurship (ETRC)
- Financial Services (FNSC)
- Management (MGTC)
- Marketing (MRKC)
- Administrative Assistant/ Secretary (ADAD)
- Legal Administrative Assistant/ Secretary(LGAD)
- Medical Administrative Assistant/Secretary(MDAD)
- Medical Insurance Billing Specialist(MIBC)
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality (TRVL)
- Administrative Support Specialist (ADSC)
- Administrative Management (ADMC)