Fast Track to CNC Manufacturing
Through this Real Jobs RI program, you will prepare for a good-paying career in manufacturing, one of Rhode Island’s fastest growing industries. Earn free college credits toward your Associate's Degree in Advanced Manufacturing while learning the skills employers are looking for right now in this two-phase advanced manufacturing boot camp.
Phase 1: Earn 10 college credits in this 20-week program that introduces the fundamentals of manufacturing, safety, precision measurement and blueprint reading. Get job interview training, resume building, help finding your first position as a CNC operator, and earn your OSHA-10 certification. After completion, you can work as a CNC Operator or in entry-level jobs in manufacturing.
Next Phase 1 course: Starting in August 2019 at the Liston Campus in Providence
Through our partner, Polaris MEP, interviews are set up and job placement is often achieved at the end of Phase 1.
Phase 2: Earn six college credits while learning deeper skills and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing processes to become a CNC machinist. After completion, you can work as a CNC machinist or have a career in manufacturing.
CNC Participant Process
- Must be 18 years or older, a Rhode Island resident, and a U.S. citizens or work authorized
- Contact the program coordinator to register
- Apply and complete Phase 1. View course descriptions
- Phase 1 includes career development activities like interview prep, resume writing, company tours, and job shadowing
- Complete Phase 2
- After successfully completing both phases, you are one class away from completing CCRI's Certificate in Advanced Manufacturing
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.
Search for classes within the Division of Workforce Partnerships by submitting the form below.