English Language Studies (ELS)
NEW - Online Registration Available
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As part of the ongoing effort to limit the community spread of COVID-19, all English Language Studies courses are offered as online & hybrid models.
Are you ready to study English online?
- Do you want to improve your English conversation skills?
- Do you want to advance your English abilities for your career?
Spring classes begin in January!
If you have not studied online before, we can show you how!
Classes available as hybrid models (in-person & online):
- Levels 1-3
- Everyday Conversation
- Conversation & Grammar
Classes available online:
- Levels 4-6
- Conversation & Pronunciation
- Conversation & Vocabulary
- Business English
|NEW STUDENTS||RETURNING STUDENTS|
This will determine if you are ready to begin a higher-level class.
Need help registering online?
Virtual Office Hours: Program Information Sessions
Join one of these open sessions to learn more about the program or ask questions!
Wednesday January 6, 8-10am
Join Zoom Meeting
Tuesday January 12, 5-7pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Class descriptions and schedules
ELS classes give students an understanding of the basics of the English language. The goal of the program is to help speakers of other languages achieve a level of English proficiency to function better in everyday living, enter a job training program, improve performance in current jobs, and/or pursue other goals.
- Levels 1-3, Conversation & Grammar classes will have a hybrid model. The first, middle, and last classes will be on campus with your instructor and the rest will meet online.
- Levels 4-6, Conversation & Pronunciation and Conversation & Vocabulary will be online.
Students who are interested in job training or college classes may consider free classes in the CCRI Bridge Program to develop pre-college academic skills and/or prepare for the GED exams.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Check or money order can be mailed to CCRI. Please contact Erica Fleitas if you would like more information on how to register and make the payment by mail.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.