English Language Studies (ELS)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As part of the ongoing effort to limit the community spread of COVID-19, the majority of English Language Studies courses are offered ONLINE. There are some limited options for IN-PERSON classes at the Providence and Lincoln Campuses.
Are you ready to study English online?
- Do you want to improve your English conversation skills?
- Do you want to advance your English abilities for your career?
Spring classes begin in May!
If you have not studied online before, we can show you how!
Classes available on campus (limited spaces – please enroll early):
- Levels 1-3
Classes available online:
- Levels 1-6
- Conversation & Grammar
- Conversation & Pronunciation
- Conversation & Vocabulary
- Advanced English
|NEW STUDENTS||RETURNING STUDENTS|
This will determine if you are ready to begin a higher-level class.
Need help registering online?
Class descriptions and schedules
ELS classes give students an understanding of the basics of the English language. The goal of the program is to help speakers of other languages achieve a level of English proficiency to function better in everyday living, enter a job training program, improve performance in current jobs, and/or pursue other goals.
Students who are interested in job training or college classes may consider free classes in the CCRI Bridge Program to develop pre-college academic skills and/or prepare for the GED exams.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Check or money order can be mailed to CCRI. Please contact Erica Fleitas if you would like more information on how to register and make the payment by mail.
Duplicate/Replacement Certificates: To request a duplicate certificate of completion, please complete our online registration form here. There is a $10 charge for a duplicate certificate.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best Program
- Corporate Language Training
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.