We welcome students from around the world. As the largest community college in New England, we invite you to earn your associates degree in higher education. Rhode Island is perfectly located between Boston to the north and New York to the south. At CCRI we produce college graduates who thrive in their careers and help shape their communities.
Who is considered an international student?
International students are foreign nationals allowed to study on an F1 non-immigrant temporary visa, to pursue a full time education in the United States.
U.S. citizens, permanent residents (Green Card holders), eligible non-immigrant visas holders, refugees, asylees and temporary protected status (TPS) citizen types are excluded from this definition.
Here's what you need to know.
- Application deadlines: May 31 for international students outside the U.S.; June 30 for those in the U.S.
- CCRI accepts international students for the fall semester only which starts on August 31, 2022.
- International students pay out-of-state tuition.
- Financial aid is not available to international students.
- Full-time enrollment -- a minimum of 12 credits -- is required each semester.
- CCRI does not have on-campus housing.
- International students are not eligible for certificate programs.
Here are the items we need.
- Application for Enrollment - (included in Packet below)
- Personal data statement (included in Packet below)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Declaration of Financial Resources/Affidavit of Support (included in Packet below)
- Notarized bank letter
- Education documentation
- Signed I-20, (if currently attending high school in the U.S.)
- Copy of your passport
Use PDF fillable form in either Internet Explorer or Chrome (please print one side - only)
Here are some resources to assist you.
Mail documents to:
International Student Admissions
Community College of Rhode Island
400 East Avenue
Warwick, RI 02886