Learn the foundational skills needed for high-wage, entry-level employment in software development through CCRI’s Software Developer training. Successful program graduates will be prepared to obtain software development jobs and receive up to 21 credits from CCRI, with many courses approved for transfer to URI or RIC. Participants may be eligible for a Certificate in Software Development upon program completion.
- Apply software development principles and practices to real-world solutions
- Develop software applications using structured programming techniques in two software languages (Python and Java)
- Create effective, efficient, and secure software, reflecting standard principles of software engineering and software assurance
- Design, implement, and evaluate software solutions to novel computation problems
- Verify program correctness through the development of sound testing plans and the implementation of comprehensive test cases
- Implement project management knowledge to manage medium-sized development projects and work as a collaborative team member to produce and execute software applications that meet specific outcomes, including design documentation and evidence of testing
- Work as a professional maintaining high standards of practice, making ethical/legal judgments and decisions
GED or high school diploma is required. Must be a Rhode Island resident.
Training Dates: June 6, 2022 - July 16, 2023
- Courses - weekday evenings, dates/hours may vary
- PLUS 12-week full-time internship - 35hrs./wk.
If interested in applying for future cohorts, please complete our Program Inquiry Form.
*All participants will need to have access to a computer, webcam, and internet – equipment will not be provided.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best
- Corporate Language
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.