Business Computing Applications
The purpose of this course is to ensure that students have the requisite fundamental skills and knowledge in business computing applications. The course presents and demonstrates the applications, concepts, and skills relevant to information technology in the context of the modern business environment. Topics include word processing, spreadsheets, database software, and presentation software. (There are no prerequisites for this course.)
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use word-processing software to format document, texts and paragraphs, pictures, tables, and charts
- Use word-processing software to create reports and mailings while collaborating with others
- Use spreadsheet software to format cells, use formulas and functions, and work with pivot tables to extract detailed data in order to draw conclusions
- Use spreadsheet software to format work sheets, manage the workbook, and add charts
- Use database software to create tables, forms, and reports
- Use database software to work with queries and analyze information
- Use presentation software to create slides with content and graphics, appropriate backgrounds, and effective use of typefaces and point size
- Use presentation software to create and deliver a presentation
Successful completers of Business Computing Applications classes are eligible to apply for prior learning credit through CCRI's Department of Business and Professional Studies.
Program Dates: TBD
Location: Hybrid - Virtual AND In-Person
If interested in applying for future cohorts, please complete our Program Inquiry Form.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.