Teacher Assistant Training Program
NEW - Online Registration Available
Teacher Assistant classes are currently being offered online. Student will need to have internet access and g-mail address to be able to access Google Classroom and ZOOM/Google meets video conferencing in order to take this class.
This program provides training for anyone interested in being employed as a full-time, part-time, or substitute teacher assistant. Topics are consistent with state standards and include: roles and responsibilities of the teacher assistant, human development, diversity, special education, basic rights, school health and safety, the instructional process, school laws, computer and technology skills, positive classroom climate, and team-building.
A certificate recognized by RIDE is awarded upon successful completion of all classes, assignments, job shadowing, and the final exam.
- Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
- Cash, check or money order walk-in registrations will be accepted in our office locations. Please note that offices are currently closed.
- Review the Teacher Assistant Program Requirements
- Available funding: VA Educational Benefits, WIOA Approved
- **Grant funded ONLINE course available in Westerly ONLY: Mon. & Wed., July 13-August 26, 2020, may be free if you qualify, if interested please email [email protected]
- Although this is a noncredit training program, one credit is transferable to CCRI's Human Services programs.
- The RI Department of Education does not certify individual teacher assistants but sets minimum qualifications that school districts must follow in hiring TAs. Applicants should always check with the district(s) where they want to apply to learn about their specific employment requirements through RIDE Become a Teacher Assistant.
- Duplicate/Replacement Certificates: To request a duplicate certificate of completion, please complete our online registration form here. There is a $10 charge for a duplicate certificate.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best Program
- Corporate Language Training
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.