Mobile Hotspot FAQs
Mobile Hotspot FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a hotspot?
- How does a mobile hotspot work?
- Do mobile hotspots work without a cellular connection?
- How long will it take for the hotspot to fully charge?
- What is the range for the hotspot?
- How many devices can connect to the mobile hotspot?
- How do I check out a hotspot from the CCRI Library?
- How long can I check out a library hotspot?
- Who can I contact if I'm having a problem with a hotspot?
A hotspot is a wireless access point that lets you connect phones, tablets, computers, and other devices to the Internet when you’re on the go.
A Wi-Fi hotspot uses wireless data from a cellular provider to give you Internet access for phones, computers, tablets, and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
A mobile hotspot usually provides a connection over 4G LTE wireless technology, providing max speeds of around 30 Mbps.
Hotspots do not work without cell service. Hotspots need cellular service to create a Wi-Fi signal. You can review T-Mobile's coverage map to see if there is a signal in the area you are taking the hotspot before you get there.
It will take 3-5 hours for the hotspot to fully charge. Depending on use the device can offer up to 9 hours of usage. The battery will discharge faster as more devices are connected.
Approximately 50 feet, but this distance can vary depending on structures blocking the signal.
Up to 15 devices can be connected to the hotspot. However the more devices connected the more the bandwidth is shared and can slow the internet connection.
- You'll need a valid library account and to agree to the technology borrowing agreement - if you do not have an account, apply here: Library Card Application
- Check to see if a hotspot is available at your preferred campus. Click here to check the library catalog.
- Place a hold on a hotspot or contact the circulation desk at your preferred campus to reserve a device.
- Once the device is ready, you will receive an email notification.
- Check out the device at a circulation desk, or book a curbside pick up using the link in the email notification.
Library Mobile WiFi hotspots can be checked out for 4 weeks or for the semester*.
Contact the Access Services / Systems Librarian - Jillian Lang at 401-825-2489 or [email protected]*Not available at all campuses