Second Chance is a program designed to provide students with past due financial obligations
a second chance to obtain a certificate or degree with the Community College of Rhode
Island. Students who are granted Second Chance will have their outstanding balance
deferred until graduation from CCRI at which time a “CCRI Completers Scholarship”
resulting in a waiver of 100% of tuition and fees of the past due balance will be
awarded provided students meet the program criteria and conditions. Please note, Bookstore
obligations and/or Financial Aid obligations are not included in Second Chance. Additionally,
students are responsible for the tuition and fees for the semester(s) for which they
return to class.
- Student has not been enrolled at CCRI for at least 4 years, and
- Student is currently enrolled in a degree program or certificate program, and
- Student has applied for financial aid (regardless of eligibility).
Students who can document a mitigating circumstance are strongly encouraged to file
a Tuition Appeal before applying for Second Chance.
- The student must meet graduation requirements for their program of study within five years from the time in which they were approved for Second Chance
- Students who do not complete 100 percent of their degree requirements within five years from the date they were awarded Second Chance will lose the deferment eligibility,
and their outstanding balance will become due immediately.
- Students who withdraw from classes during the published refund policy will have any
refunds applied as a credit to their next semesters bill. Students who do not re-enroll
during the five year period will have the credit applied to the original past balance
- Print Second Chance packet.
- Read all directions carefully to be sure you meet program criteria.
- Create or update your MyCCRI account.
- For assistance logging in to your MyCCRI Account, please visit: https://www.ccri.edu/it
- Have the Bursars Office complete Section I on Page 2.
- Complete Section II on Page 2 of the packet.
- Complete Page 3 of the packet.
- Include a copy of the letter you received announcing the Second Chance Program or
indicate on the page 3 how you heard of the program.
- If your GPA is below a 2.0, include a copy of your education plan obtained through
the Department of Advising and Counseling.
- Include a copy of the email confirmation from FAFSA showing you applied for financial
- Students will be notified by email of their acceptance to Second Chance.
Submit your completed Second Chance packet in person, by mail or fax to:
Second Chance Program, Room 1054
Community College of RI
400 East Avenue
Warwick, RI 02886
401-825-1148 – fax