IMPORTANT NOTICE: As part of the ongoing effort to limit the community spread of COVID-19, all Electrical Apprenticeship courses have been moved online.
This program of study satisfies the state requirement for electricians' apprentice educational hours. Students should register for the course that corresponds with their year of apprenticeship. Each course is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to progress through the four-year apprenticeship and help prepare students to pass the state licensing examination. There are 4 Levels of classes offered and are to be taken one level per year. THIS IS NOT A HANDS-ON PROGRAM.
This program is approved by the R.I. Board of Electrical Examiners and the State Apprenticeship Council of the R.I. Department of Labor and Training. Classes include reading assignments, tests, and online assessments. Attendance is strictly enforced. Makeup classes are limited and could incur an additional cost.
- All classes are being held online. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY and *full payment is required at time of registration. Click here for online course info
- Registration for the Electrical Apprenticeship program is a two-part process:
- Register on CCRI’s website
- In order to have access to the e-book and course, you will need to register at the NCCERconnect site. Instructions to do this will be given to you at time of textbook pick up, within 2-3 weeks before your class start date. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER AT NCCERconnect UNTIL INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED BY CCRI.
- New students are required to Register for Level One, unless they have been approved for **Advanced Placement. If you are a returning student, you may register for the next level class, providing you had completed at least 132 hours in your previous level. If you did not complete at least 132 hours, you must re-register for the level you did not complete.
- Read the complete areas of study for each program year.
- To complete CCRI registration for Electrical levels 1 - 4, select 'View Upcoming Classes' below.
*EasyPay is not available for this online program. Payment must be made in full at time of registration.
**ADVANCED PLACEMENT - Students who are new to CCRI’s Electrical Program and/or have completed hours should email Donna Costa [email protected] (please use email header: Advanced Placement Request), see Advanced Placement instructions.
VETERANS may choose to use VA Educational Benefits to cover either the Apprenticeship Training Program or the tuition for the related instruction hours at CCRI, not both programs. Please note: Veterans Certification Worksheet must be submitted EACH semester in order to be certified / paid under VA Education benefits. For more information about using your benefits, please contact the RI State Approving Agency at [email protected] or 401.736.1164.
Duplicate/Replacement Certificates: To request a duplicate certificate of completion, please complete our online registration form here. There is a $10 charge for a duplicate certificate.
- Business and Technology
- Manufacturing and Trades
- Renewable Energy
- Gateway to Success
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best
- Corporate Language
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI Career Services provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support, and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.