Practicing dental assistants will learn the basic principles and techniques of digital intraoral and panoramic radiography as they expose and evaluate radiographic images during laboratory sessions.
This intensive two-week course educates dental assistants in the basic fundamentals of dental radiography. Successful course completion satisfies the Rhode Island Department of Health requirement for exposure of radiographs in the dental office setting.
- A minimum of six months of full-time chairside dental assisting experience is required. Participants must submit written proof of experience from employer at the start of the first lab.
- Students are required to complete online coursework and attend all laboratory sessions. Students will be awarded with a certificate upon successful completion of all course requirements.
- Online Coursework: February 20, 2021- March 6, 2021
- Lab Sessions (8am – 3pm): Cohort A: Saturday, February 27 and March 6
Cohort B: Monday, March 8 and Tuesday, March 9
Cohort C: Wednesday, March 10 and Friday, March 12
Cohort D: Thursday, March 11 and Saturday, March 13
Cohort E: Saturday, March 20 and March 27
- Purchase textbook: Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques” by Iannucci and Howerton, ed.5. Elsevier, 2017. ISBN: 978-0-323-29742-4.
Registration Deadline: February 19, 2021
Please contact Sarah Luther with any questions ([email protected])
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best Program
- Corporate Language Training
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.