What can I expect after I submit my application and pay the application fee?
The Admissions Office of the Community College of Rhode Island reviews application for admission on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified in writing of the status of your application.
What happens after I am accepted to a degree or certificate program?
- After your application has been processed by Enrollment Services and you have been accepted into a degree or certificate program, watch your mail for an acceptance packet. Please review and complete the material in the booklet.
- Once the acceptance booklet has been mailed you will then receive testing information
from Advising and Counseling.
Your next steps are:
- Complete the ACCUPLACER English and Math Placement Assessment which takes approximately 2 ½ hours.
- Attend an Advising Session where you will meet with an Advisor, learn about MyCCRI, and register for classes.
- Steps a, and b must be completed prior to registration.
- Complete required Mandatory Immunization Forms.
- Students registering should view their billing statements through MyCCRI. Billing statements will not always be mailed.
- Please visit the CCRI Bursar’s Office website for information regarding financial matters, payment deadlines and fees. For information regarding admissions, records and financial aid, visit the Enrollment Services (Admissions) website. You may also reference printed Course Bulletins for details. To check for available courses go here.
- All full-time incoming students are required to provide proof of Immunization in accordance with the Rhode Island Department of Health Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Immunizations and Testing for Communicable Diseases for Students Entering Colleges or Universities(R23-1-IMM/COL).