TLC: the Teaching and Learning Collaborative
Faculty leading the way in teaching excellence.
TLC Teaching Scholarship Grant
TLC is pleased to announce the recipients of the TLC Teaching Scholarship Grants. The TLC Teaching Scholarship Grants were awarded based on planned work to support the systematic inquiry of student learning in CCRI classes.
- Isabel Trombetti and Amanda Vanner -- Which Learning Module Improves Grades and Retention?
- Lydia Rogers -- Enhancing Student Learning by Converting Virtual Isolation into a Virtual Community in Online Classes
- Justine Egan-Kunicki and Renee Saris-Baglama -- Social Psychology in Action
- Maria Coclin -- Increasing Social Presence in an Online Class Using Video
- Michael Urso -- Building the Beloved Community in Prison: Teaching History within the Framework of Kingian Nonviolence
We celebrated the TLC Teaching Scholarship Grant recipients and socialized with other faculty at the TLC Award Ceremony and Faculty Social.
Embracing diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for all, CCRI’s Teaching and Learning Collaborative (TLC) is proud to present its 2019 – 2020 theme: Building Community.
Join us in our quest to build a greater sense of community in the classroom, among colleagues, across CCRI and beyond, through professional development opportunities created by, with, and for CCRI faculty. As in the past, our goal is to support efforts to enhance the effectiveness of our teaching and the depth of our students' learning.
Mindful of the crucial role education plays in providing opportunity for all, we strive to do our part in bringing about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision of the Beloved Community.