This is the first step to ensuring a smooth transition to online learning. Blackboard is your go-to for online learning. Chances are some of you haven’t had to utilize this software yet. No worries – we’ve got you covered!
In order to use Blackboard, your computer must meet several basic requirements:
- A secure internet connection
- A compatible browser (Once you’ve verified the first two, follow this link to make sure your browser is compatible.)
- *A headset, webcam or microphone
The rest is easy. To access Blackboard, go to the home page and hover over "Login" in the top-right of browser window, then select "Blackboard" from the drop-down menu, then log in using your CCRI username and password.
Now you’re in!
Note: Blackboard is also available on your mobile devices, but functions may be limited.
Still need help?
Visit the Blackboard section of our website for instructions, or click on the green circle with a question mark
inside Blackboard to access the Help Center. From there, you can also reach out to
the IT HelpDesk Portal for assistance.
Check out this quick video tutorial:
Logging in and confirming your class schedule is only half the battle. There are a few simple steps to follow to ensure you’ll be 100% up to speed when that first online class starts next week.
- You may need to read PDFs in your class, so download Adobe Reader if you haven’t done so already.
- Some of your classes will require you to stream videos. To do so, you’ll need Adobe Flash Player. Get it here.
- Access our video tutorials for any additional help you might need, whether it’s taking an online sample test, learning how to check your grades online or using the discussion board. These videos are designed to help with the day-to-day usage of Blackboard. Use your free time wisely to learn Blackboard inside and out before classes resume!
- Also, here are some helpful hints to guide you along the way and ensure success with online learning, covering everything from staying motivated to managing your time wisely.