This is the first step to ensuring a smooth transition to online learning. Blackboard is your go-to for online learning. Chances are some of you haven’t had to utilize this software yet. No worries – we’ve got you covered!
In order to use Blackboard, your computer must meet several basic requirements:
- A secure internet connection
- A compatible browser
- *A headset, webcam or microphone
Once you’ve verified the first two, follow this link to make sure your browser is compatible.
The rest is easy. To access Blackboard, visit the Blackboard section of our website and log in using your CCRI username and password.
Now you’re in!
Note: Blackboard is also available on your mobile devices, but functions may be limited.
Still need help? The IT HelpDesk Portal is available to assist, or check out this quick video tutorial:
Logging in and confirming your class schedule is only half the battle. There are a few simple steps to follow to ensure you’ll be 100% up to speed when that first online class starts next week.
- You may need to read PDFs in your class, so download Adobe Reader if you haven’t done so already.
- Some of your classes will require you to stream videos. To do so, you’ll need Adobe Flash Player. Get it here.
- Access our video tutorials for any additional help you might need, whether it’s taking an online sample test, learning how to check your grades online or using the discussion board. These videos are designed to help with the day-to-day usage of Blackboard. Use your free time wisely to learn Blackboard inside and out before classes resume!
Online learning is an adjustment for everyone, faculty included, so to continue making this transition as smooth as possible.
For most of you, your class schedule will not change despite the remote location. That means your Tuesday morning class will likely still be held on Tuesday morning, so be prepared! Other classes may be asynchronous, which means instructors will provide materials, lectures, tests, and assignments that can be accessed at any time. Your instructors will be in touch with you this week with further instructions on transitioning to online learning, which officially begins Monday, March 23.
We strongly encourage you to monitor your CCRI emails regularly, not only for updates from the college, but for Blackboard updates as well, since all Blackboard notifications are sent to your Office 365 student account.