Requesting Accommodation Letters Each Semester
Successful Remote Learning
Time Management - Good time management is an essential element to successful remote learning.
- Adhere to your usual schedule. Attend class on the same day and time as you normally would.
- Keep up with textbook readings, homework assignments and projects.
- Avoid procrastination and multitasking. Work on your assignments right away and only do one project at a time.
- Schedule time each day to complete work and assignments.
Requirements for Remote Learning - Organize what you will need for remote learning.
- Computer with webcam and microphone (may be built into your computer). Don’t rely on using your phone. It may not be able to properly access publisher materials, blackboard, etc.
- Reliable internet. If you do not have internet service, please contact your DSS Coordinator.
- Headphones if you may need to block out background noise while you are working.
- Create a designated area to keep all materials you will need: textbooks, pens/pencils, calculator, stick notes, index cards, etc.
Supports for Remote Learning
- Self Control App - create distraction free workspace on your computer
- Quizlet - study tool
- Evernote - cloud based notetaking, file-storage, workspace, cleans up workspace
- Kurzweil - read books and articles from the web or a pdf. Make study guides and vocabulary lists
- Blank Habit Tracker - fill it in to schedule your day
- Learn-From-Home Strategies
- Online Guide for College Students with Chronic Health Conditions
Support Services - Students will be able to receive remote support services. Please use the following links for department information.