Questions you may have on the security of MyCCRI
- How can I verify that MyCCRI is secure?
- Why don't I see the lock at the top of my browser if the page is secure?
- Why am I getting a "Website Certified by an Unknown Authority" message in my browser?
Looking for the lock at the top of your web browser is a good process to establish if a page is secure or not, this method will not work for certain categories of web pages, in particular web pages loaded into frames. The reason why the padlock doesn't appear is because the MyCCRI secure pages are framed inside frames that are not secure. Since the padlock only indicates the security of the outside frames, the padlock does not appear.
MyCCRI frames SSL pages inside non SSL frames in order to prevent the browser from popping up dialogue boxes that alert the user that SSL is enabled. These pop-up dialogue boxes are a distraction for the majority of MyCCRI users
If you are getting the following error message while trying to access MyCCRI, you may have downloaded and installed add-ons, which contain scripts that interfere with MyCCRI.
To disable scripts in Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu in the top right-hand corner of your browser
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings
- Under the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.