Student Ambassador Program
NEW APPLICATIONS: Applications are being accepted for the Student Ambassador Program. Please download and submit the application by May 10, 2014. Please submit to the Office of Enrollment Services-Attention: Deborah Watson. If you have questions about the application process, email Deb at: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Creating a community of successful students"
Program at a glance
The Student Ambassador Program is an honorary group of students who will represent the college at special events on campus and in the community. They seek to enhance prospective students’ knowledge about the various student support services and programs offered at the college. Students will demonstrate leadership potential, communication skills and high academic standards.
Anyone wishing to become a Student Ambassador must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Maintain a 2.50 GPA
- Complete 12 hours of coursework before application deadline
- Be enrolled at least half time per semester (a minimum of six credit hours)
- Complete an Ambassador application
- Submit two completed faculty/staff recommendation forms
Please note: Applying to the Student Ambassador Program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
Those who serve as CCRI Student Ambassadors receive many benefits for their service to the college.
- Compensation for their work
- Leadership opportunities
- A résumé-building experience
- Professional blazer, polo shirt and official college name tag
- Certificate of appreciation signed by the college president
Student ambassadors share their college experiences with prospective students.
Common responsibilities include:
- Visiting high schools
- Attending college fairs
- Helping at information sessions
- Conducting campus tours
- Participating in new student orientation, registration and commencement
- Assisting at various campus events
Any student who fails to maintain the required GPA and/or fails to fulfill any of their required duties may be dismissed from the Ambassador program at any time. They will forfeit all benefits and will be responsible for any outstanding obligations to the College that result from that loss.
Student Ambassadors Representing CCRI
What others say about the Ambassadors ...
“The Student Ambassador Program was a great help to the Athletic Department.”
“The Ambassador has such a professional presence. I was very satisfied with her participation in our registration process.”
“Excellent program! All three Ambassadors were very professional, courteous, great reps of CCRI. Keep it going. Thank you for all you have done in the area of Student Life.”
Student Ambassador Advisory Committee
- Ronald L. Schertz, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Michael J. Cunningham, Assistant Dean Student Success
- Terri Kless, Director of Admissions
- Andrea Lachapelle, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Jude Tomasino, Associate Director of Records/Transfer
- Ellen B. Schulte, Marketing Officer
- Deborah K. Watson, Student Ambassador Program Director
- Rebecca Yount, Associate Dean Student Life and Service Learning
Student Ambassador Campus Liaisons
- Lilliam Abreu, Admissions Officer
Flanagan Campus/Lincoln - 401-333-7172
- Michael P. Hynes, Senior Admissions Officer
Liston Campus/Providence - 401-455-6104
- Adam Moreau, Admissions Officer
Knight Campus/Warwick - 401-825-2266
Knight Campus (Warwick)
Flanagan Campus (Lincoln)
Liston Campus (Providence)
Newport County Campus
For more information, contact
This page developed and maintained by Office of Enrollment Services. Send comments and suggestions to .