Search SiteSkip to local NavigationSkip to Main Content

Borrowing & Reserves

Loan Periods

Most books, including new books, may be borrowed for four weeksDVDs and other audiovisual materials may be borrowed for one week.

Items may be renewed twice if no one else is waiting for them.  You may be able to renew online.

RI Resident Special Borrower's Card

Rhode Island residents who are not CCRI students and are at least 18 years of age may apply for a special borrower's card.  A photo ID with your current RI address must be presented as proof of residency.

The card can be used for limited borrowing privileges at the CCRI, Rhode Island College, and University of Rhode Island libraries.

Library Card

Your CCRI Student ID serves as your library card, once you have it activated.

Activate your ID at the Library Circulation Desk and reactivate it each year you are a CCRI student.

Use your activated card to borrow material from the HELIN member libraries.

You also need your ID to print and photocopy in the library.


You may order materials from most HELIN libraries directly from the HELIN Library Catalog.  You will need your library card to complete this transaction.  Some materials may not circulate.

InRhode (Ocean State Libraries) Loan

You may be able to order a book from Ocean State libraries from the InRhode Library Catalog, after first searching the HELIN Library Catalog.  You will need your CCRI library card to request an InRhode loan.  Only books not available from the other HELIN member libraries may be requested from InRhode; some materials may not circulate.

Interlibrary Loan (ILL)

Still searching for an elusive title?  If it's for a CCRI research project, you may need to request it as an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).  View our ILL Policy and Procedures.


Items that your professor has placed on reserve are kept at the Circulation Desk or on electronic reserve.  You will need your library card to access them.

You can search the HELIN Library Catalog for reserve items by course no. or instructor.

Most reserve materials are for library use only.

Fines & Lost/Damaged Library Material

Please return items promptly.

Overdue fines for circulating reserves are $1.00 per day.

Lost or damaged CCRI items are billed at $50 per item.  Lost or damaged HELIN items are billed at $100.

You will not be able to register for additional classes, graduate, or receive a transcript until your obligation to the library has been met.

Your CCRI ID is your Library Card

Your CCRI Student ID serves as your library card, once you have it activated at the library.

Get your Student ID through the Office of Student Services.

This page developed and maintained by the CCRI Library. Send comments and suggestions to

Last Updated: 11/16/16