Email Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my student email account?
Students can now access their CCRI email either by clicking on the Login to student
email icon located on the MyCCRI login page or by logging in directly to Outlook.com.
What is my O365 Student Email Login User ID and Password?
You log into O365 with your Knight account username and password.
What is my student O365 email address?
Your O365 email address is: "
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't know your username, follow the directions below.
How do I find my username?
Find your CCRI username by following these steps:
- Go to the Knight Username Look-up page .
- You will be prompted for your ID Number (see "How to view your CCRI ID number") OR your 9-digit Social Security number and date of birth in the format of mmddyyyy.
- Press the Lookup button to process your inquiry. If successful, the following information will be
- Your Knight username
- Your CCRI ID number
- Your Knight email address
- If you make a mistake, click the Clear button and start over.
What if I don't know my password?
If you don't know your password, do the following:
- If you're already enrolled in the Self Management of Password program (SMOP), go to the SMOP Site and click on Reset Forgotten Password
- Enter your username and then click on Continue
- You will then be prompted to answer the two security questions that you previously
setup. If you are able to answer the questions successfully, you will then be able
to reset your password. Please note that the answers to the questions are case sensitive, (if you capitalize any letters
when you set-up your question/answer, you must match those same capital letters in
- If you are unable to answer the questions successfully, please review our Knight Account Password Reset Policy
If you have questions about retrieving your username, please contact the Help Desk
What browsers are fully supported and tested to access e-mail on O365?
The following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Latest Firefox “Release” version
- Safari 5 or above
- Latest Chrome “Stable” version
Will I have a mail quota or other email limitations?
The specifications below outline the mailbox storage capacity limits as well as message
and recipient size quotas associated with O365.
Mail size quotas/limitations:
- 25 GB email mailbox storage by default with options to expand
- 25 MB email message size
- Max 500 recipients per message
- Max 1500 messages per user per day
When I am trying to send email, why is there no Send button?
If you are using Firefox as your browser, you will need to maximize the email window
and the Send button will then be available.
Does O365 provide anti-spam protection?
Yes. O365 has its own anti-spam email filters and virus protection. Messages sent
to you will be scanned and filtered automatically. Please remember to check your Junk
E-Mail folder to avoid missing a real message mistakenly marked as spam.
Is information contained within my email and attachments secure?
O365 upholds up-to-date defenses against viruses and spam with Forefront Online Protection
for Exchange, which is updated to address new virus and spam threats the moment they
appear. Microsoft safeguards data by hosting it in geographically-distributed data
centers, with continuous data backup and premier disaster recovery capabilities.
How do I open messages and attachments?
Open attachments only from a trusted source.
If opening an attachment from a public or shared computer, click the Open as Web Page
link. This will protect you from possible virus attacks and prevents a copy of the
attachment from being created on the computer.
If you open an attachment directly, save it to a folder or a Desktop and then open
it from that location. When finished delete the attachment and empty the Recycle Bin
Can I automatically forward all my email from O365 to another email provider e.g.
How do I setup email forwarding?
To setup email forwarding, do the following:
- Log into your student email
- Click Settings > Options > Account > Forwarding
- Select Start Forwarding
- In Forward my email to, type the email address you want to forward your student email to
How do I stop email forwarding?
Stop email forwarding by doing the following:
- In your student email click Settings > Options > Account > Forwarding
- In the forwarding section, select Stop forwarding
How do I change email forwarding settings?
After you've set up email forwarding, you may want to change the address your email
should be forwarded to. You may also want to change the setting for keeping a copy
of your email in your student mailbox.
- In your student email, click Settings > Options > Account > Connected Accounts
- In the Forwarding section, do one of the following:
- To change the email address your email should be forwarded to, in Forward my email to, edit the email address.
- To change the setting for keeping a copy of messages in your O365 mailbox, select
or clear the Keep a copy of forwarded messages in O365 check box.
Can I automatically forward all email from another provider to O365 for education?
You will need to check with your provider which has their own documentation on how
to forward email from their system to another email system.
Follow the links below to some popular email providers for their instructions on email
How will I use O365 for email and calendar?
Web browser Outlook Web App (OWA) lets you use a Web browser to access your mailbox
from any computer that has an Internet connection. You can use it to read and send
email messages, organize contacts, create tasks, and manage your calendar. You can
use Outlook Web App with almost any Web browser. This includes Internet Explorer,
Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Chrome, and most other Web browsers on computers running
UNIX, Apple Macintosh, or Windows.
- Desktop - you can access Office 365 using your desktop Microsoft Outlook application
in addition to Microsoft Outlook Web App.
- Mobile phones and tablets - Office 365 also works with a variety of mobile phones
and tablets. You can set up your mobile phone or device to access your email, calendar
information, contacts, and tasks. To configure your mobile phone or device, please
visit our Mobile Phone Setup page.
What are the benefits of email and calendaring?
The Office 365 email & calendaring solution provides business-class email, calendar,
and contacts to a user's computer, phone and web browser. Delivered as a hosted service
from Microsoft, it offers a high standard of physical and digital security for your
information while providing the control you want and the reliability your business
needs. Office 365 runs your email on Microsoft's globally-redundant servers protected
by built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters.
Can I keep this O365 e-mail account after I graduate from CCRI?
Yes. After graduating from CCRI you may keep your Office 365 for Education email account.