Standards for Honors Projects
The Following standards were adopted by the Department of Business Administration
- Each student participating in an Honors Project should anticipate investing at least
an additional twenty hours beyond normal course requirements. This number of hours
may be exceeded in the case of scientific experiments and/or survey research.
- It is expected than an Honors Project will exceed the normal course objectives and
content, and will result in the student's increased knowledge and/or application of
that knowledge, and will be of sufficient intellectual rigor commensurate with college-level
- Students and Instructors will be expected to meet at least three times during the
course of the semester as follows:
- Initial meeting to discuss proposal
- Mid-project meeting: to insure student is progressing adequately.
- Pre-final assessment meeting: initial review by instructor and student to ensure acceptable
- The format of the Honors Project will conform to the following format:
- Narrative description of proposal.
- Description of how the Honors Project will provide
- Increased subject knowledge
- Demonstrated application of subject knowledge
- How the project is related to the course.
- Learning Outcomes
- The student will be required to complete one of the following:
- Classroom presentation
- Written report
- Classroom demonstration