2 Credit Courses Open to Licensed Massage Therapist
- Understanding Client Medication for Massage Therapist
- Integrating Shiatsu Into Full Body Massage
- Advanced Professional Development for the Massage Therapist
Credits can be applied toward National Certification ( CEU’s). Visit CCRI’s and Rehabilitative Health Departments website for more details…
Learn more about the options for the Therapeutic Massage Program:
- 2010 One Year Certificate Program
- Flexible Therapeutic Massage Associate Degree Program
“In today’s economy marketability is the KEY to a successful career.”
Why Choose CCRI's Therapeutic Massage Program?
- 100% pass rate for first time test takers on the National Certification Examination since 2004
- Exceptional ratings on Employer Survey Satisfaction with CCRI graduates
- Full range of intensive bodywork training - deep tissue, shiatsu, and sports massage
- Associate in Applied Science Degree with transfer potential to a 4 -year program
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees
- Multi-faceted science based curriculum
- Strong network of academic support services
- Respected on-site student clinic
- Successful Mentoring Program
- Affiliated with over 75 fieldwork sites
- Affordable, high quality education
What is the Therapeutic Massage Program like at CCRI?
Prerequisite courses for the Therapeutic Massage Program can be taken on any CCRI campus. The Therapeutic Massage program courses are offered in an evening/weekend format on the Newport County Campus. Schedules for fieldwork experiences may vary and opportunities for days, evenings and weekends may exist.
The Therapeutic Massage Program integrates classroom preparation and clinical practice. General education courses such as English Composition, Oral Communication, Anatomy, Physiology, Algebra, and Psychology enhance the therapeutic massage core courses. The core courses include laboratory sessions to learn and practice hands on skills required to be a Massage Therapist. The students have 3 fieldwork experiences in various settings to practice skills learned in the classroom.
CCRI will provide you with a superior educational experience
As you consider choosing a school to prepare you for a lifelong career in therapeutic massage, consider the following reasons why CCRI will provide you with a superior educational experience.
- CCRI has the only Associate Degree granting program in Rhode Island for Therapeutic Massage, and credits earned at CCRI have the potential to be transferred to a 4 year university, while courses taken in massage certificate programs may not transfer
- CCRI has the only Therapeutic Massage Program in the state of Rhode Island that is accredited through the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA)
- CCRI has the only Therapeutic Massage Program in Rhode Island that offers a full range of intensive bodywork training - deep tissue, shiatsu, and sports massage
- CCRI graduates are ranked top in the country on national licensure examinations.
- CCRI has a 100% pass rate for 1st time testers, while the 2008 National average is 69%, and the 2008 State of RI average is 60% (the state average includes CCRI’s 100% pass rate!)
- As a state school, CCRI provides you with a high quality, affordable education where you can earn an Associate Degree in Therapeutic Massage for just over $10,000, which is thousands of dollars less than other private schools in the area who only offer certificates in Massage.
- Graduates are well prepared for a career as a Massage Therapist, with a professional skill level superior to that which is achieved though other programs in the area.
- The curriculum prepares students to work in traditional massage therapy settings, as well as preparing students to practice in medical environments with clients who have compromised health or physical impairments
- Students receive a high level of individual classroom attention, as well as having a strong network of support services such as supplemental classroom instruction and peer tutoring from the Student Success Center.
- The majority of Professors have Advanced Degrees and have their own massage practices
- Students have the opportunity to be part of the traveling Sports Massage Team
- CCRI has an active incoming and currently enrolled Therapeutic Massage Mentoring Program
- The community college provides employment assistance through CCRI’s career services department.