ETME Course Outcomes
ETME 1010 - Robotics and Control
- Give the student a fundamental understanding of the field of robotics
- Give the student the ability to program and operate the IBM 7545 robot.
- Give the student the ability to program and operate the SCORBOT ERIII robot.
- Give the student the ability to program and operate the LAB-VOLT MODEL 5250 robot.
- The student should have the ability to integrate sensor technology and other external
devices into the robot system.
ETME 1020 - Introduction to Manufacturing Processes
At the completion of this course, a student should be able to:
- Safely setup and operate conventional machine tools
- Identify the three basic machining axes
- Identify part Datum's
- Use precession measuring tools, measuring to a precision of one thousand of an inch
- Use dial indicators in the inspection and setup of projects
- Calculate machining speeds and feeds for machining operations
- Interpret part blueprints for machining speculations and operations
- Produce a project methods sheet
- Select the correct cutting tools based on the machining operation
- Select the correct cutting tool holders based on the machining operations
- Safely use hand tools and their accessories
ETME-2310 Automated Systems
- Student will have an understanding of the manufacturing enterprise and manufacturing
- Student will have an understanding of automation
- Student will develop efficient manufacturing systems using analytical techniques
- Student will have an understanding of automatic assembly transfer lines and vibratory
and mechanical feeders
- Student will have an understanding of automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and automated
storage and retrieval systems (ASRS)
- Student will have an understanding of when to use production support machines and
ETME 2930 - Industrial Materials
- Introduce the student to characteristics of different materials systems.
- Introduce the student to types of heat treatments.
- Introduce the student to the mechanical properties of metals.
- Introduce the student to materials testing techniques.
- Student will obtain an introductory understanding of the characteristics of different
- Student will obtain knowledge of the mechanical properties of metals.
- Student will learn the types of heat treatments and when to use each.
- Student will be able to perform and understand various materials testing techniques.