RI Early Childhood Education and Training Program (RIECETP)
The RI Early Childhood Education and Training Program is administered by the Community College of RI and funded by the RI Department of Human Services and Race to the Top Federal Funding.
If you answer YES to the following two questions than the RI Early Childhood Education & Training Program is for you:
- Are you currently working as an Early Childhood Educator or a Family Child Care Educator?
- Would you like the opportunity to earn 12 credits in Early Childhood Education at the Community College of RI for free, including books?
- Courses will be offered at the Community College of RI
- Course will be offered at all four campuses – Knight, Flanagan, Liston and Newport
- Courses will be offered in the evenings
- Students must receive a grade of “C” or better in all Human Services (HMNS) Courses
- HMNS-2100 Child Growth and Development Skills
- HMNS-2150 Parent & Child Relations
- HMNS-2120 Curriculum for Young Children
- HMNS-1210 Field Experience and Seminar I/Child Development
- Remedial English
- Remedial Math
Application Requirements include:
- Applicant must be employed in a child care center or family child care home educator setting.
- Applicant must be working with Infant, Toddler or Pre-School age children.
- Applicant will be responsible for the CCRI Application fee.
- Applicant must take the CCRI Accuplacer Test and will be responsible for the Accuplacer Test fee.
The RIECETP Application and Instructions are available by contacting Lynne Trudel the Program Coordinator via email email@example.com or phone 401-825-2209. You may also click the link below:
English Language Learners are encouraged to apply.