Software Developer Program
Launching August 2020!
Learn the foundational skills needed for high wage, entry-level employment in software development through CCRI’s Software Developer training.
This FREE, 36-week program includes 24-weeks of online training, and a 12-week paid internship as the final module.
Program Dates: August 2020 - June 2021
Successful graduates of the program will be prepared to obtain entry-level careers in software development and receive up to 21-credits from CCRI, with many courses approved for transfer to URI/RIC. Participants may be eligible for a Certificate in Software Development upon program completion.
While no prior experience is necessary, participants must pass a technical assessment prior to acceptance into the program.
For more information, please complete our Program Inquiry Form.
*All participants will need to have access to a computer, webcam, and internet – equipment will not be provided.
To get started, you will need:
- College transcript or high school report card, whichever is most recent (an unofficial copy is sufficient for this stage in the application process).
- Updated resume
- Submit required documents to Stacy Rouleau at [email protected] with the subject, “Applicant – Software Developer Training – Lastname, Firstname”
- Transcript/Report Card - File to be named in the following format - Lastname.Firstname.Transcript.pdf
- Updated resume - File to be named in the following format - Lastname.Firstname.Resume.pdf
Upon document submission, you will be contacted via email to schedule your virtual Accuplacer Exam. Note: Access to a computer, webcam, and internet will be needed to complete the Accuplacer.
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 22, 2020
CCRI will schedule virtual interviews with advancing participants.
Applicants will be notified of application status by 7/31/2020.
Program courses currently include:
COMI-1150 Programming Concepts
COMI-1510 Java Programming
COMI-2510 Advanced Java Programming
COMP-1200 Database Design & Management
MATH-1139 Math for Liberal Arts
COMI-xxxx Introduction to Agile Software Development
COMI-xxxx Software Testing, QA & Security
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Bridge to Best Program
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
- GED® Ready
- Corporate Language Training
- Adult Education Professional Development
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.