Plumbing Apprenticeship Program
NEW - Online Registration Available
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As part of the ongoing effort to limit the community spread of COVID-19, all Plumbing Apprenticeship courses have been moved online.
This program of study satisfies the state requirement for plumbers' apprentice educational hours. Students should register for the course that corresponds with their year of apprenticeship. Each course is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to progress through the four-year apprenticeship and help prepare students to pass the state licensing examination. THIS IS NOT A HANDS-ON PROGRAM.
This program is approved by the State Apprenticeship Council of the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training. Classes include reading assignments and written tests. Attendance is strictly enforced. Makeup classes are limited and will be an additional cost.
- All classes are being held online. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY and *full payment is required at time of registration. Click here for online course info
- Registration for the Plumbing Apprenticeship program is a two-part process:
- Register on CCRI’s website (available after August 3)
- After you have registered on the CCRI website, in order to have access to the e-book and course, you will need to register at the NCCERconnect site. There is an additional fee for this. Instructions to do this will be emailed to you before your class start date. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER AT NCCERONLINE UNTIL INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED BY CCRI.
- New students are required to Register for Level One, unless they have been approved for **Advanced Placement. If you are a returning student, you may register for the next level class, providing you had completed at least 120 hours in your previous level. If you did not complete at least 120 hours, you must re-register for that level.
- Read the complete areas of study for each program year.
- To complete CCRI registration for Plumbing levels 1 - 4, select 'View Upcoming Classes' below.
*EasyPay is not available for this online program. Payment must be made in full at time of registration.
**ADVANCED PLACEMENT - Students who are new to CCRI’s Plumbing Program and/or have completed hours elsewhere, see Advanced Placement instructions.
VETERANS may choose to use VA Educational Benefits to cover either the Apprenticeship Training Program or the tuition for the related instruction hours at CCRI, not both programs. For more information about using your benefits, please contact the RI State Approving Agency at [email protected] or 401.736.1164.
Duplicate/Replacement Certificates: If you need a duplicate Plumbing Apprenticeship certificate because you have lost the original, please mail the request form and a $10 check or money order payable to CCRI.
Workforce ProgramsMore Info
- Adult Education Professional Development
- Bridge to Best Program
- Corporate Language Training
- English Language Studies (ELS)
- GED® Testing & Transcripts
CCRI’s Career services Office provides students and alumni with high-quality services, support and resources for successful career planning and superior experiential learning opportunities.
The CCRI Workforce Partnerships Team works in close collaboration with industry and business leaders to ensure the college’s offerings are meeting both current and future workforce needs.