RI Promise Status Check
The Finish Line
PLEASE NOTE: You must have your CCRI username and ID number to complete these steps. Your CCRI username and ID number can be looked up here. [Directions]
CLASSES START SEPTEMBER 1
To confirm all enrollment steps are complete
and you're ready to start in fall 2021:
2. Click on the 'For Students' tab.
3. Look for the 'RI Promise Status Check' box.
4. Items not checked still need to be completed.
RI Promise Status Check Steps – (all steps must be completed)
- RI Promise Application
- Official Transcript
- Degree Program
- Placement – SAT or ACCUPLACER
- Financial Aid Requirements Complete
- Registered Full Time
First, you'll need your CCRI username and ID number.Your CCRI username and ID number
can be looked up here. [Directions]
- Once you have your username and ID number, click on the MyCCRI link on the Secure Login page.
- You’ll then see a login screen. Enter your username and your temporary password* the first time you lo
- After login, click onthe "For Students" tab.
- On the "For Students" screen, you'll see a box with your RI Promise status.
Any item with a red flag still needs to be completed.
*NOTE: New CCRI accounts are given a temporary password consisting of thefirst three letters of your Username (capitalize first letter), followed by an underscore “_” character and the last four digits of your CCRI ID Number. (Your CCRI username and ID number can be looked up here.)
For example: Name: Jane Doe. Username= jdoe. IDnumber: 12345678.
Jane’s temporary password would be Jdo_5678.
Directions to complete each step
RI PROMISE APPLICATION
Directions on how to complete the RI Promise Application (known as the ‘Attestation form’) Please see: RI Promise attestation
Have your high school submit (from official school email) your official HS transcript with graduation date. You can also submit a copy if the transcript is signed by the high school and have a graduation date. This can be emailed to [email protected]
To be eligible for RI Promise, you need to be in a degree program. List of CCRI Degree Programs You can change your major in your MyCCRI account. Once you log in, click the For Students tab and select Change My Major under the Admission Application Tools box. NOTE: Certificate Programs do not qualify.
To register for courses, you need to either submit a copy of your SAT score report or take the free virtual ACCUPLACER exam.
You need at least one of these:
- Submit a copy of your SAT scores to [email protected]
Your HS can submit SAT scores or you can submit a pic/pdf of your college board SAT report with your name and CCRI ID number on it.
- Schedule your ACCUPLACER by emailing [email protected] Include the following:
- Name (first and last name)
- Request ACCUPLACER - (subject of email)
- CCRI ID number
- Date of Birth
- Cell phone number
A FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) needs to be submitted to qualify for RI Promise.
Apply for Financial Aid at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ Please be sure to include the CCRI school code 004916.
Or, if you need additional assistance there are 2 available options for you.
The financial aid office offers FAFSA workshops on the dates/times listed here virtual FAFSA workshops. Register to attend.
- The Educational Opportunity Center provides free, confidential one-on-one assistance via phone or virtual face-to-face appointments daily from 8AM to 8PM. Bilingual counselors are available in: Spanish, French, and Kriolu (Cape Verdean). Click Request Appointment, text us at 401.310.0730 or email us at [email protected]. We will respond within one business day.
- For additional convenience, schedule a free phone appointment with the College Planning Center for one on one assistance. Early evening appointments available weekdays until 7pm.
Please check back on March 1, for further details.
If your SAT scores have been submitted or you have taken the ACCUPLACER, you can register for your classes. You will need to be enrolled as a full-time student** to be eligible for RI Promise.
You can complete your New Student Registration by meeting with an Advisor at one of our virtual drop in advising sessions below.
Register for a Virtual Drop-in Advising Session:
If your SAT scores have been submitted or you have taken the ACCUPLACER, you can register for your classes for fall starting April 12, 2021. You will need to be enrolled full-time ** to stay on track to graduate.
You can complete your New Student Registration by meeting with an Advisor at one of our virtual drop in advising sessions.
**RI Promise for Students with Disabilities Please review RI Promise Manual – Page 9 – Section 4