How to embed videos from YouTube on your homepage
- Navigate to your faculty or staff homepage, (for example www.ccri.edu/faculty_staff/it/jkirby/) then
login to OUCampus using the "Last updated" link in the extreme lower left corner of the footer.
- Click on the "MultiEdit" button.
- NOTE: If you choose a content area which has no content in it presently, you must type something
in the content area in order for the video to display.
Place the cursor where you want the video to be inserted.
- Click on the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" button in the tool bar.
- When the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" dialog box appears, choose "Iframe" from the "Type" drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Source" tab.
- Open a new tab in your browser and go to the YouTube Channel.
- Click on the video you want to embed.
- Follow these steps to get the code:
- Click Share
- Click Embed
- Copy the code
- Go back to OmniUpdate and select the existing code in the "Source" tab. Paste the code that was copied from YouTube over the existing code.
- The code from the YouTube will now be visible under the source tab. Click the "Insert" button.
Make sure the URL of the video starts with "https".
Add ="allowfullscreen" as indicated below.
Click the "Insert" button.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- When the page is complete and ready to go live, click either the "Publish" icon in
the folder view or the large "publish now" button above the preview pane.
NOTE: You'll have to click another "Publish" button on the "Publish" box that pops up.
- Use the link that appears at the bottom of the page to open the page in a new tab
to check the video and make sure it's working.