*** Marketing dept. only ***
This allows the Marketing & Communications Office to temporarily replace the slideshow animation on the home page with an editable
static message area. The content can be modified and published as needed.
Part 1: Edit test message and publish as home page
[Part 2: Restore to standard home page]
- Login to OmniUpdate from the college home page.
- Go to "Pages" view and open "___index-emergency.pcf"
- Shortcut: Go directly to the emergency home page template and login to OU from there.
- Click "Edit" then click the "Emergency Message" green button:
- Edit content, save and publish.
- Click on "View in new window" to make sure everything looks/works OK.
- Open the "___index-emergency.pcf" page again, click the green "Emergency Message"
button, but this time, click the "Save as..." icon:
- When the "Save As" dialog box appears, change the file name to "index.pcf", then click
the "Save As" button.
- Publish. This will overwrite the existing college home page.
Restore to original home page
- To revert back to the regular homepage, open the "index.pcf" file, click light bulb
to check it out, click "Edit" and "Versions".
- On the Versions screen, hover over the last version of the file, then click "Revert"
- When the "Revert" window pops up, click "revert".
- Republish the reverted file.