The Department of Institutional Equity and Human Resources has made modifications to the part time hiring process. Effective Monday, April 20, 2020, all part-time and Adjunct Faculty hiring forms must be completed electronically. Paper forms will no longer be accepted.
PART-TIME EMPLOYEE OR ADJUNCT HIRING PROCESS:
- Start the process by completing a job description and forwarding it to [email protected] (a template for the part-time job description can be found here).
- For assistance with your posting and any questions regarding part-time employment, please contact Maria Rosado, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- All part-time positions, including Adjunct Faculty positions, will be advertised in accordance with CCRI’s hiring policy.
- Select your candidate from the pool of applicants.
- Complete the HR Part-Time Payroll Authorization or the Adjunct workflow in the system:
When the part-time or Adjunct Faculty new hire is approved, HR will contact the new hire to complete employment forms (if applicable). If new employment forms are required:
- HR will contact the new hire to initiate a BCI and set up an appointment to verify I-9 documentation remotely. New hires will need to provide a photo or scan via email or US mail (HR will contact employees to verify documentation in person when normal operations resume).
- The new hire will receive an email from DocuSign containing new employment forms to be completed.
- Once HR receives BCI results, Harassment Training Certificate and all completed forms, the new hire will be entered in Banner.
- The new hire and hiring manager will receive an email notification from [email protected] This email’s subject will say Part-time Authorization letter, this is the final approval from HR for the employee to start.
Part-time employees can work up to 19 hours on each individual job, but cannot exceed 19 hours per week across all part-time jobs, including adjunct faculty assignments, and cannot exceed 925 hours within a fiscal year.
Incumbents with conditional offers of employment shall not commence work until authorization has been granted by the Human Resources Department.
Hiring managers must submit requests 3-4 weeks in advance of the desired incumbent’s hire date. This is to ensure timely processing/approval of request and information.
(*)Guest Lecturers, Speakers or Special Event Participants must complete a W-9 and the hiring department must submit a College Requisition. Questions regarding the requisition process should be directed to the Purchasing Department.
Hourly employees (part-time staff and non-credit instructors) are required to complete an electronic bi-weekly timecard. The timecard must be approved by the supervisor. Failure to submit timecards in accordance with established protocols may result in delays in payroll processing.
Non-hourly employees (adjuncts, coaches, and faculty stipends) are paid in installments per semester worked; no timecards are required.
Click here to access the Workflow system. Instructions can be found below for the appropriate part-time authorization request.
- Adjunct Faculty (Credit Courses)
- Coaches (Athletics) & Faculty Stipends
- Honoraria Employees (Special assignment, typically for one day)
- Part-Time Staff (Non-Teaching Staff) & Non-Credit Instructors (Workforce Partnerships)