Search SiteSkip to Main Content

Filing and Reporting a Complaint

Institutional Equity (IE) is responsible for implementing and monitoring CCRI's harassment prevention and nondiscrimination policies across all campuses of CCRI.

How do I report a complaint?

If you would like to report an incident or complaint but do not yet know whether you want to file a formal complaint, you may contact the following individuals:

How do I file a Formal Complaint?

It is important to know the policies and procedures. Individuals have options when deciding whether or not to file a report. Individuals may choose to pursue complaints via one or both options: CCRI complaint and/or criminal complaint

CCRI Complaint

The Title IX Coordinator or College Police can take reports on behalf of CCRI, explain the reporting process, and assist all parties with support and resources. If you are worried about confidentiality, speak with confidential staff.

Individuals can file a complaint or report of discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct by a student with the Dean of Students, Michael Cunningham at [email protected] or with Alix Ogden, Title IX Coordinator, ADA Section 504 Coordinator, and Asst. Director for Affirmative Action and Diversity, at [email protected] or 401-825-2387

Individuals can file a complaint or report of discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct by faculty, staff and visitors of the campus directly to the Title IX Coordinator Alix Ogden at [email protected] or the Office of Human Resources at [email protected]

When filing a complaint, please complete the Incident Report Form, and either email or deliver it to the appropriate individual (described in the above paragraph). 

  • Title IX Coordinator and ADA Section 504 Coordinator
    • Alix Ogden
    • E-mail: [email protected]
    • Office: Knight Campus, Warwick
    • Phone: 401-825-2387
  • Dean of Students
    • Michael Cunningham
    • E-mail: [email protected]
    • Office: Knight Campus, Warwick, Room 0060
    • Phone: 401-825-2218
  • College Police*
    • Flanagan Campus, Lincoln (24 hours): 401-333-7035
    • Knight Campus, Warwick (24 hours): 401-825-2109
    • Liston Campus, Providence: 401-455-6063
    • Newport County Campus: 401-851-1625
    • *If you have an emergency on the Liston or Newport campuses after hours, please contact Warwick College Police for assistance. 
    • The campus police will take victims of sexual assault to the nearest hospital for treatment.
Criminal Complaint

A report to a college employee or to College Police is not automatically a report to the local police. Parties must tell the College Police when they report an incident if they wish to have the matter reported to the local police. CCRI encourages individuals to report incidents to the local police. However, individuals are never required to report an incident to College police or the local police department.

  • Emergency: 911
  • Lincoln Police: 401-333-8281
  • Newport Police: 401-847-1306
  • Providence Police: 401-272-3121
  • Warwick Police: 401-468-4200

Of course at any time during the process, you have the right to consult individuals or agencies external to or outside of CCRI. Please see the Title IX Violence Rights and Options Pamphlet for more information.