Health Care Interpreter Certificate
This program is currently suspended until further notice.
|Fall Enrollment - Apply in June
||Providence - Evening Weekend
Minimum requirements to apply to the Health Care Interpreter program:
- CCRI Application for Enrollment into General Studies with a pre-Health Care Interpreter
- Official copy of a high school transcript, GED® transcript or baccalaureate transcript
from an accredited institution, including date of graduation or completion.
- ACCUPLACER test issued by CCRI's Department of Advising and Counseling.
- Reading Comprehension Requirement:
- Score of 80 or above in Classic Accuplacer is required in Reading Comprehension
or score of 253 or above in Next Generation Accuplacer is required in Reading Comprehension
or ENGL 0890: Critical Reading with a grade of "B-" or better
- Readiness for ENGL 1005: College Writing or higher
or complete ENGL 0500: Basics of Composition with a "C" or better
or ENGL 0250: Compensatory Writing Skills with a "B-" or better
or ENGL 1300: Composition I for Speakers of English as a Second Language with a "C"
Requirements above must be completed before taking the Versant Oral Proficiency Test
- Versant Oral Proficiency Test in Spanish
- A minimum score of 78 must be earned. Test available at Knight campus only.
All the above requirements must be met satisfactorily BEFORE submission of the Performance-Based
Health Science (PBHS) application and does not guarantee acceptance. Students declining
acceptance into the program for the semester must resubmit a PBHS application for
the program and meet current requirements.
- Complete and submit an online PBHS application here.
Deadlines are listed on the form.
- Conditionally accepted students are required to complete the following:
- When directed by notification from the Office of Enrollment Services, submit a background check through CastleBranch.com.
Results of BCI may prevent admission due to clinical agencies' requirements.
Please refer to the BCI policy before applying.
- Submit all health care requirements to CastleBranch.com by the deadline identified.
Final acceptance is based upon the completion of the above criteria.
Requirements for the Health Care Interpreter Certificate Program
- Student must successfully complete all courses in the Health Care Interpreter program
to be certificate eligible.
- Student must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher throughout the program to be certificate
- Students must have required immunizations completed before any field work.
- Earn a grade of "C" or higher in RHAB 1010: Medical Terminology of Rehabilitative
Health and INTC 1300: Health Care Interpreting I for progression to INTC 1310: Health
Care Interpreting II.
Please note: Requirements are subject to change.
Most students in the Health Care Interpreter certificate program attend class part
time. The "normal" time to complete this certificate would be two (2) semesters (or
For more clarifying information regarding any of the above, please contact the Office
of Enrollment Services at:
For Program Information, please contact:
Professor Elizabeth Morais, World Language Department - email@example.com
Assistant Professor Michelle Bull, Nursing Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Care Interpreter Certificate Program Admission Criteria Point System
|Versant Oral Proficiency Test in Spanish
|Maximum Total Points
The top 15 students will be selected for conditional acceptance based on the highest
scores on the Versant Oral Proficiency Test in Spanish.
In the event of a tie, the date of the Performance-Based Health Sciences Application
will be used as the tie-breaker.
Credits granted through AP, CLEP, challenge exams or assessment of prior learning
will be recognized as satisfying course requirements and will be assigned points equivalent
to a grade of "B."