CCRI Athletics Mission Statement
The mission of the Community College of Rhode Island Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation, an integral part of the curriculum, is to support all students in achieving their full educational and athletic potential in an environment of academic excellence.
The intercollegiate program at the Community College of Rhode Island is an accepted and integral part of the curriculum which produces many benefits difficult to achieve in other areas of education. The coaches of intercollegiate sports often times have greater opportunity to achieve many educational goals by using the athletic fields as an extension of the classroom. Under these circumstances, intercollegiate teams achieve educational goals as they have the advantage of more time on task and smaller numbers of students who are highly motivated. Intercollegiate competition achieves greater measures of physical fitness, motor skills development, and sound social, emotional and mental attitudes, while pursuing the academic and athletic growth and development of each individual student-athlete. While providing a strong academic foundation, we will excel in sportsmanship, team play and competitive spirit.
- To retain and graduate/transfer 100% of our student-athletes.
- To provide a comprehensive academic support program to all student-athletes.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for all of our student-athletes.
- To provide an inclusive culture that allows for positive growth.
- To provide the best possible facilities and equipment.
- To provide the most qualified coaching personnel.
- To be the most respected NJCAA athletic program.