Peer Tutor Job Requirements
The role of a tutor is to assist students in academic achievement by meeting them
on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and model good study skill habits.
Tutoring is offered in small-group, drop-in and classroom formats. Mandatory tutor
training is provided to new tutors and additional training is offered to all tutors
throughout each semester.
- Completion of a particular course in which the tutor has earned a minimum grade of
- Recommendation from an instructor of each course you wish to tutor
- Overall GPA of 2.5
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying
educational, cultural and social backgrounds
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability and punctuality
- Appropriate and professional behavior at all times
- Current enrollment as a CCRI student and registered with a minimum of 6 credit hours