About the Committee
The purpose of strategic planning is to determine where the Community College of Rhode Island is going over the next three years. How we are going to get there and how will we know if we got there or not?
The focus of Strategic Planning Committee No. 3 will be “what resources will we need?” Your charge is to develop a set of questions that will help us achieve the answer to this question. Examples of questions that I feel the college should be asking relate to:
- Determination of spending plan
- Budget allocation
- Priority setting
- Revamping budget process
- Focus on mission and strategic planning recommendations
The purpose of this task is to identify core questions that will answer the overall question, what resources will we need to realize our aspirations and how will such resources be provided?
The Committee is being asked to:
- Assign responsibility for implementation
- Identify what support will be needed to achieve success
- Assign appropriate funding and identify funding source
- Determine how implementation activities will be reported
- Determine how we will demonstrate that the recommendations have been successfully implemented.
|December 2007||Charge to Committee|
|January-March, 2008||Questions identified|
|April-September, 2008||Research completed|
|October-November, 2008||Recommendations forwarded|
|December 2008||Campus discussions|
Committee No. 3
This page developed and maintained by Strategic Planning. Send comments and suggestions to .