Scheduling of the simulation lab is booked one month in advance, prior to the start
of each academic quarter pending approval, and is prioritized as follows:
- Use of space for established courses of the Allied Health Department for running high
fidelity scenarios (50 % of available time slots annually).
- Use of space for training hospital staff of partnered area hospitals (25 % available
- Use of space for training secured by grants, contracts or philanthropic donations
(20 % available time slots).
- Use of space for tours related to student or faculty recruitment (3% of available
- Use of space for other than listed uses (2% of available time slots).
- Scheduling: When scheduling, allocate an additional thirty minutes for set up prior
plus thirty minutes for cleanup after using the simulation equipment.
- Conflicts: When conflicts occur, the first requester is contacted by the Simulation
Lab Coordinator to determine possible schedule modifications. In addition, the Simulation
Lab Coordinator asks the second requester to petition the first requester. The first
requester, the second requester and the Simulation Lab Coordinator agree work diligently
to reach an amicable agreement. Ultimately, the first requester has the higher priority.
The decision of the Simulation Lab Coordinator is final.
- Cancellations: It is mandatory to notify the Simulation Lab Coordinator to cancel
scheduled use at least 24 hours prior to time of scheduled event.