As a patron of the Simulation Lab, I understand the significance of confidentiality
with respect to information concerning simulated patients and fellow students. I will
uphold the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA) and any other federal or state laws regarding confidentiality. I agree to
report any violations of confidentiality that I become aware of to my facilitator
I agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All patient information is confidential and any inappropriate viewing, discussion,
or disclosure of this information is a violation of CCRI policy.
- This information is privileged and confidential regardless of format: electronic,
written, overheard or observed.
- I may view, use, disclose, or copy information only as it relates to the performance
of my educational duties. Any inappropriate viewing, discussion, or disclosure of
this information is a violation of hospital policy and may be a violation of HIPAA
and other state and federal laws.
- The simulation lab is a learning environment. All scenarios, regardless of their outcome,
should be treated in a professional manner. The student running the scenario should
have everyone’s respect and attention. Situations simulated in the lab are to be used
as a learning tool and not to be used for humiliation of fellow students.
- The simulation mannequins are to be used with respect and be treated as if they were
- No Betadine, no ink pens (near the mannequins), 22g IV or smaller for IV starts.