Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, all Theatre students will be able to:
1. Define the roles of each component in a theatrical team. Perform one or more of these roles dependably, competently, and resourcefully as part of a team working collaboratively.
2. Analyze text as it relates to performances that embody the playwright’s and director’s intentions.
3. Identify major developments in theatre from historical, cultural and stylistic perspectives.
Upon completion of the program, Performance Track Theatre students will be able to:
1. Select, prepare, and present representative and varied scenes and monologues from a range of sources, Integrate theory and process in the creation of character.
2. Utilize the body and voice effectively as the actor’s instruments of communication.
3. Assemble, rehearse, and perform a suitable personal audition package.
Upon completion of the program, Technical Track Theatre students will be able to:
1. Identify the different steps in the process of theatre design, recognizing the differences between various types of theatre spaces and their respective applications and uses.
2. Identify and properly use the tools and materials of theatrical production, including basic professional theatre graphics.
3. Memorize and consistently adhere to theatre safety guidelines.