Please Note:This information pertains to admission to the Community College of Rhode Island. If you are already admitted to the college and you are simply looking to change your major, you do not need a new application.
How to change your major»
The Admissions Office of the Community College of Rhode Island reviews application for admission on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified in writing of the status of your application.
- After your application has been processed by Enrollment Services and you have been accepted into a degree or certificate program, watch your mail for an acceptance packet. Please review and complete the material in the booklet.
- Once the acceptance booklet has been mailed you will then receive testing and orientation information from Advising and Counseling.
Your next steps are:
- Complete the ACCUPLACER English and Math Placement Assessment which takes approximately 2 ½ hours.
- Complete an on-line Orientation which takes approximately 1 hour. Information will be provided to you at your testing session.
- Attend an Advising Session where you will meet with an Advisor, learn about MyCCRI, and register for classes.
- Steps a, b, c must be completed prior to registration.
- Complete required Mandatory Immunization Forms.
- Students registering should view their billing statements through MyCCRI. Billing statements will not always be mailed.
- Please visit the CCRI Bursar’s Office website for information regarding financial matters, payment deadlines and fees. For information regarding admissions, records and financial aid, visit the Enrollment Services (Admissions) website. You may also reference printed Course Bulletins for details. To check for available courses go here.
- All full-time incoming students are required to provide proof of Immunization in accordance with the Rhode Island Department of Health Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Immunizations and Testing for Communicable Diseases for Students Entering Colleges or Universities(R23-1-IMM/COL).