Updated LPN TO RN Admission Policy
* NEW Curriculum for students entering Fall 2016 and after. Advanced Placements and
Challenge Examinations are currently under review and will not be administered during
the 2016-2017 academic year.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2015-2016 (ADNU)
(Effective Aug. 28, 2014)
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who have graduated from CCRI, who desire to enter
the RN Completion program must meet the following criteria:
- B- in BIOL 1010 (Anatomy), B- in BIOL 1020 (Physiology), B- in HEAL 1060 (Dosage Calculations),
C or better in BIOL 2210 (Microbiology) NOTE: BIOL 1020 must be completed within the
last 5 years.
- Applicants must meet all pre-requisite requirements for entry into first and second
level Nursing Courses.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must have a grade of C or better in an LPN course. (NURS 1030)
- Must possess a license in practical nursing
- Must take and achieve a score of 850 on LPN to RN HESI admission exam.
- Once student has completed above steps he/she must contact the Second Level Department
Prior to acceptance:
All Health Care Requirements must be met. Go to the following web site for details:
National background check (BCI) must be completed when notified to do so.
Placement in Level 2 nursing courses is dependent on space availability.
Susan Sienkiewicz, Knight Campus: 401-825-2425, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Department Chair, Level II