Contact InformationMain office:
3rd Floor, main building
Meet the department:
The CCRI Department of Marketing and Communications is the hub for all internal and external college communications. If you have news you want people to know about, let us know!
Web Content manager
Information sessions planned for direct support professional training program
Oct. 7, 2013
The Community College of Rhode Island and the J. Arthur Trudeau Memorial Center are offering a new, eight-week program to train students for careers as direct support professionals. The next training session will be held from Oct.28 to Dec. 20 at the CCRI Flanagan Campus in Lincoln.
Information sessions will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 9 and 10, in Room 1226 at the Liston Campus, 1 Hilton St., Providence.
The training will include:
- direct support professional training, including topics such as crisis response training, CPR/first aid, healthy lifestyles, ethics, positive behavior support, introduction to mental health, aging and Alzheimer’s topics, teaching and learning styles, sensitivity and awareness and working with people with developmental disabilities.
- customized PACE.2.Employment training including work readiness and employability training, communication skills training, human relations and more.
- job search assistance, mock interviews and guest speakers.
In the final six weeks of the program, participants will complete an 85-hour internship at human services agencies throughout Rhode Island. Students will receive a $1,000 stipend and can earn 6 college credits. Potential students must:
- Be 18 or older.
- Have a high school diploma or GED® credential.
- Have no past criminal record.
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Be able to read and speak English clearly enough to understand how to provide patients with their medication and understand how to meet patient demands.
Interested candidates can call 401-455-6161for more information.
blog comments powered by Disqus