How to embed videos from the CCRI Media Library on a page
This tutorial will also work for embedding iframe videos from YouTube.
- Open a page in your site with OmniUpdate and open the "template-video-iframe.html"
file. Then click on the "edit" button.
- Click on the "edit main content" button.
- Click on the existing video once, then click on the "Insert/Edit Embedded Video" icon
in the tool bar:
- When the "Insert/Edit Embedded Video" dialog box appears, click on the "Source" tab:
- The source tab content should look something like this:
- Open a new tab in your browser and go to the CCRI Media Library. Click on the video you want to embed:
- When the video's page opens up, click on the code displayed in the window to select
it, then type: "Ctrl + C" to copy it:
- Go back to OmniUpdate, select the existing code in the "Source" tab and paste the
code you copied in the Media Library over the existing code, thus replacing it.
- You should now see the code from the new video in the source. Click the "Insert" button:
- Click the "Save as..." button in the toolbar:
- In the "Save As" dialog box, select the template's filename, being careful to leave
the preceding "/" and the ending ".html" in place:
- Type your new filename over the selected template's filename, thus replacing it. Be sure you still have the preceding "/" and ending ".html". Click the "Save As" button:
- When the page is complete and ready to go live, click either the "Publish" icon in
the folder view or the large "publish now" button above the preview pane: